We partner with community organizations to connect young job seekers with companies that need their talent—so everyone wins!
Who are opportunity youth?
“Opportunity youth” are between 16 and 24, out of school, and ready to work. They are a diverse and vital group of young people with tremendous value and talent. The 100,000 Opportunities Initiative is committed to connecting opportunity youth with career and educational opportunities.
Resources for Job Seekers
Check out our job seeker site, Start Somewhere, for tools to support your job search. Search for job postings by industry, or find resources to:
- Jumpstart your career
- Ceate your successful future
- Contribute to your community
- Continue your education
Here are just a few things to keep in mind so you shine your brightest during your interview.
- Be early.
- Dress like you want the job.
- Turn off your phone.
- Be confident.
- Break out those questions.
Top Five Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would your teachers describe you?
- Why should I hire you over the other 8 students waiting to be interviewed?
- Tell me about a time you had a problem and how you solved it.
- What do you like best about school?
“They asked me what I was looking for. They directed me to the position that was right for me.”Seattle Opportunity Fair Participant
Get connected with our community partner.
Just because the Fair is over, doesn’t mean there aren’t still awesome opportunities for you in Atlanta! To be connected to more hiring events, employment training, job opportunities, and lots of support, contact our community partner, the Metro Atlanta Chamber.