We are employers looking for millions of qualified workers. Opportunity youth can be this workforce. With the right investment, they can provide the energy and talent needed by 21st century companies. Employers in the 100,000 Opportunities Initiative share best practices, work through challenges together and learn from leading experts and research
Benefits of joining the coalition
- Learn from coalition members and leverage best practices to attract and retain a motivated and diverse workforce.
- Create efficiencies in recruitment and retention, while reducing costs associated with turnover and unfilled positions.
- Streamline access to the skills and potential from one of America’s fastest growing populations by connecting with nonprofit organizations that are preparing youth to enter the workforce.
- Network with like-minded companies that are making a positive impact on youth and their communities.
Commitment made when joining the coalition
- Share your expertise and learning with other coalition members.
Participate in meetings, innovation groups, hiring fairs, and/or research studies.
- Contribute to changing the narrative about opportunity youth by sharing success stories about opportunity youth at your company.
- Contribute to the growing body of evidence regarding the business value of hiring opportunity youth by sharing hiring and demographic data with the Initiative.
I truly believe that these young men and women represent the most significant untapped source of productivity and talent for our economy, and America’s leading companies are ready to hire them.Howard Schultz, Chairman & CEO of Starbucks and Co-Founder of the Schultz Family Foundation